Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Summer 2017

Every summer has looked so differently the past few years, and they have each been so fun for our family in different ways.  I wanted to make a list of plans we have and memories we hope to  create this summer:

** Vacation Bible School 
This will be a first for us, but I think Kaylee will LOVE it.  She couldn't have loved pre-school anymore, and loves Sunday School, so I'm thinking this will be a favorite.  I have her signed up for a morning one in June and an evening one in August!

**Family VACA
I'm so excited we are joining our favorites, the Kosts and Armbrusters, on a big family Vaca.  It'll be crazy with five under five, but I just have a feeling despite the craziness it'll be one we look back and reminisce on for years to come

**Boating/Swimming
We were so fortunate to get Kaylee tons of pool/boat time last summer, and her confidence took a gigantic leap by the end of summer.  I know it'll be harder this year with a baby, but I'm hoping to get her lots of water time.

**Girls' Trips
The Kost girls and us have made such fun memories doing little weekly girls' trips, and we have our first one planned for the summer.  CANNOT WAIT.

**Griffin's Baptism
This is such a special milestone, and we are so excited to welcome Griffin to leading a life with and for Christ.

**Girls' Nights
Hoping to have a few fun summer nights with my favorite girls.

**Date nights
These are so tough to do these days, but I want to have a few fun things scheduled.

**Ryan's 30th
My big bro is turning THIRTY!!! Funny thing is, I've been telling him he's pushing thirty for like 10 years, HA, but the time has come!  We have just started talking about how we are going to celebrate this big birthday of his.  

**Family room camp out
I think Kaylee would just love it if we "camped out" in sleeping bags and watched movies and had snacks in the 

**Date nights with our girl
I want to plan one night that Kaylee goes on a "date" with Gerald and one day or night where just her and I do something special together.  My dad did "Dates" with Ryan and me, and they're some of my favorite memories.  We got to pick where to go, and off we went, just the two of us.  

**4th of July Parade
We went to a local parade last year for the 4th, and it was so fun and kid-friendly.  My family and Ryan came, and I hope we do that again :)

**Idlewild
We went to Idlewild as a family last year, and Kaylee had the time of her life!  It was so fun, and I want to make it an annual thing.

**Family picnic
I want to have both the Tyler's and Griffin's over for a little picnic this summer.

**Biking/Walking
Getting to the gym isn't always going to be easy for me to do, so I want to make sure we are getting tons of outdoor exercise in our day-to-day.

This is all I have, so far! Looks like lots of fun and memory-making to be done.   I want to do better at blogging this summer, but I know at the very least I'll do a Summer recap where hopefully all of the above will be documented :).  

Here are some summer memes that had me laughing:
This is brilliant hahaha.

LOL because...Pittsburgh

Hoping this is me at the end of the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment