Monday, August 14, 2017

Kaylee Update

I feel like I'm always posting about Griffin, so I thought I'd share what's going on with my first born big girl who I just love so much.  She'll be 3 1/2 in October, but most people ask if she's either 4 or 5 because she is tall and a talker. 

Kaylee is so many things, she's smart, funny, inquisitive, intuitive, and my girl loves some drama.

We always say Kaylee has BIG FEELINGS.  She's SO happy or it's also not rare for her to spend an hour crying because she wanted the pink cup not the purple one.  She wakes up grumpy from naps, but every morning her first question is, "so, what are we doing today and where are we going?"  She likes to know a plan and loves a schedule.  #GirlAfterMyOwnHeart.

Kaylee is a rockstar eater.  Thinking about what she ate today makes me laugh....avocado toast for breakfast, an entire apple with her  lunch spinach quesadilla, broccoli chicken and bacon and tons of grapes for dinner, I mean, variety is her thing!  She is also known to eat butter if in reach and would dip anything and everything in sour cream and/or ranch.  

Kaylee knows her birthday, her address, and we are working on my phone number.  She asks so.many.questions.  I mean, it cracks me up, like thought-provoking questions, "What's the sun do at night while the moon is out?" "How does God make babies?"  "How did Griffin get out of your belly?" My girl is SMART.  

She is INTENSE. All up in your grill, especially with friends like, "hey what's your daddy's name?  do you like noodles?  where do you live?" etc.  #ALLTHEQUESTIONS.  She loves to make new friends and can make friends, anywhere.  Older girls are usually so good with her and her interrogating small talk.  It's also not unusual for us to leave the check out line and she yells a casual, "I love you so much, bye!!!" to the cashier.  Boundaries aren't her thing.  She loves her people though, and I'm so glad that she knows just how loved she is.

Kaylee, if you're reading this and are a little bit older and a little bit wiser, I hope you always know how full you make my heart and how proud I am of you, and I pray that you never stop marching to the beat of your own drum!  God knew that the world and I needed a Kaylee.  You make me belly laugh so much and are seriously funny.  Actually, I love when you say, "actually" and "seriously" because it makes us both CRACK UP.   Love you so much my Kaylee girl; you are my sunshine.   








*Day in the life post of our final days of summer coming this week :)




No comments:

Post a Comment