Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'm Back!!!

It feels like forever since I've last blogged, and I must say- I miss it! (almost as much as I miss sleep).

Kaylee Jean Tyler was born on April 9 at 4:28pm.  She weighed 7 lb 10 oz and was 19in long.  It was such a joyful, life-changing day!  



I can't believe it's been eight weeks (tomorrow) since this baby girl has come into our lives. It's going so quickly, yet it feels like she's been here forever.  We have been so overwhelmed with love, visitors, and thoughtful gifts!  

I was so wrong when I thought with newborns sleeping so much I'd have ample time to read, write, and relax.  Gosh was I wrong.  I think that's been the most difficult thing so far; adjusting to another life consuming mine.  I've been so independent for as long as I remember, so the new life has been quite an adjustment.

I must say, I am much more maternal than I ever thought I'd be!  I can't imagine having gone back to work at 6 weeks like so many mothers have to; I'd miss my girl too much!!  



Some of my favorite moments so far have been:

  • All of the cuddle sessions!  I know it doesn't last too long, so I've been trying to soak up all of the time I can cuddling with Kaylee.
  • Her first smile.  Kaylee smiled for my mom at 3 weeks, and ever since then she loves to do it.
  • Our outings.  I love that I have had the opportunity to stay home with Kaylee, but I love when we have our outings whether it be to one of her grandparents or out shopping, it's fun getting out of the house.
Some challenges:
  • Again, I was so naive about having a newborn around!  It's definitely been difficult adjusting to such interrupted sleep, but I enjoy all the time I get to spend with the little babe.
  • Social life.  I feel like since she has been adjusting to a sleeping and eating schedule, it's been hard to have a "Social Life," so I'm excited for that to get back on track.
  • Missing my school/students.  I didn't know how much I would miss my Indy fam.  My mom and I are going there next week to clear out my classroom, but I can't believe how much I miss my students, co-workers, and roomie.  I also miss being in the classroom!
Just like everyone says, motherhood is unexplainable, and I definitely concur.  I hope to keep this updated on the challenges and triumphs I endeavor in this new role.

I love watching you grow, Kaylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment