Monday, May 11, 2015

Must-Read Monday

I've been wanting to share the book I'm reading, but I couldn't help but wait until today because of the great alliteration.  #EnglishMajorProblems.




I've really been into Non Fiction lately (not that I'm as much as an avid reader as I'd like to be anymore).  This book is about a really interesting young woman who fell in love with travel.  The beginning of the book is all about where she travels to and the people that she meets.  I'm about a third of the way through the book, and I am so captivated by her sense of adventure.  The story, which was on the news, is about her abduction in "the most dangerous place on earth," Somalia.  She was held hostage for 460 days and survived to tell her story.

Something spoken highly about the book is how differently the story is told through her experiences opposed to what the news stations share about it.  I'm so excited to read further, and I definitely recommend it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment