Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

Such a fun Christmas!  It's so much fun having a baby this time of year, and it's such a great reminder of how beautiful the season of Christmas is!  Kaylee loved the lights, Christmas trees, and of course always saying, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!"  It was such a great holiday season, and I'm always so sad to see it come to an end.  Also, It's Gerald's birthday!! We had a mini celebration, but are going to do gifts and dinner on his half birthday this year.  Happy Birthday, babe :)

We started out Christmas eve with our annual trip downtown!  My dad gives Ryan and I money to give to homeless people that we see.  It's something I look forward to every year.  We also go see the Wintergarden, walk around with Hot Chocolate, stop at my dad's high school friend's shop, and do lunch!  This year we ate at the Capital Grille!



After a busy day, we went to my Aunt Marie's for a wonderful Christmas Eve night.  It was so great to be around our special family, and Kaylee had fun dancing and showing off her dress.

The next morning, Santa came!!!

He ate all of his cookies, too.  I had to wake Kaylee at 8:15 because I couldn't wait any longer!  HA! I'm sure I'll be kicking myself years down the road when Kaylee is waking us at the crack of dawn.

It was such a blast watching Kaylee open her gifts.  She sat on that little blanket the entire time and opened each one up, played a little, and then we gave her the next one.  Also, after every gift she said,  "Thank you, Santa."

As a child, my dad always bought Ryan and I a gift just from him.  It was always such a special tradition that we looked forward too.  Our family is starting that tradition, too, and this is what Gerald got Kaylee :).  She loves her new sweeper!


After presents, we went to my mom's for brunch!

Kaylee got so many special gifts from my parents.  My mom made Kaylee this horse!!! Talk about a makeover :), and she just LOVES it!


We hung at my parents a while, then went to my in-laws for dinner.

Kaylee was surrounded with so much love, joy, and thoughtful gifts!  Here she is playing some of her new instruments with her great grandparents :)



The Kosts stayed with us Christmas night and the night after.  I slacked on taking pictures, but it was so fun to spend the holidays with the Kosts/Armbrusters, too.  We sure are blessed.

Enjoy the last few days of 2015!  Check back Thursday for a 2015 recap :)



No comments:

Post a Comment