Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Day in the Life (Summer 2016)

I wanted to squeeze in a DITL summer post before we started school.  This was a little late (done on Friday), so our usual Pool afternoons/babysitting wasn't a part of it, but you'll get the gist :).  Here's a look into our day:

Good morning!  Typically, I'm up about 6. BUT, Kaylee is in this sleep regression at night, so she was up at 530, as was I trying to get her back down, so since I had to intervene and get her back in her bed, this forced me to lay down and go back to sleep until about 6:30 :)

Morning cuddles :)

I do some work at home for my dad's company, so I am usually catching up with emails and work first thing while the little cutie with bed head...

says her morning prayers and eats her FAVORITE oatmeal breakfast! (oats, 1tbsp peanut butter, blueberries, and a dash of sugar) 

Coffee. #TisTheSeason

Speaking of my favorite season, I got out all of our Fall stuff to see what else I needed.  

Also, what better way to start the day than with a little Strahan?  I like having GMA on in the background so then I can pretend to know what's going on in the real world :)

Kaylee discovered her FAVORITE scarecrow.  She declared her name "Callie" and that was her birthday.  So she was holding her "presents," and we sang to her all day long.

My breakfast.  I look forward to it EVERY morning! 

Luckily, my little was distracted, but typically she is asking to eat my breakfast.

Ready for the gym!  Kaylee has come such a long way going to the child care.  It only took a time or two for her to get used to it, but now she loves it, which makes me so happy!

Ready for spin and all clipped in for my ride (if you spin, you need spin shoes!! #LifeChanging)

We always hit up Hop Scotch before we leave (and then Kaylee typically tries to escape with another family....)

If we're running errands after the gym, I typically pack a little snack so I don't buy a bag of salt and vinegar chips (and eat the entire thing).  It may have happened more than once...

We went to one of my favorite craft stores to pick up a few more Fall goodies.

And when we got home, lunch for Kaylee and Nap time!   I wrote down some tasks for work for the week and added anything I needed to my calendar.

My typical lunch.  Give me all of the green olives!

Gossip Girl and Laundry :) (my new obsession)

Kaylee has the hardest time waking up, no matter what the time of day.  I benefit from this with post-nap snuggles :)

It ended up being rainy, but I love seeing a "7" in the temp!  70's is my favorite weather.

We were on the look out for a dresser for Kay's room, so we did some more errands.  Kaylee found this princess car and was in love.  (Usually we do park, library, or pool in a summer afternoon, but the weather was rainy, and we'd just been to the library, so errands it was!)

Play-dough while I made dinner!  We almost always have pizza on Friday's!

And because my day consisted of Fall, it made me wear leggings and my fav sweater :)

When your song comes on.....Dance party while we wait for dad :)

She was feelin' it! 

We bought this since it's out for the 25th anniversary, and it was a hit!  We watched half before Kaylee went to bed. (Always between 730-8)

And once Kaylee was asleep, the hubs and I watched our show that we're liking "Madam Secretary"  It's a goodie.

Annnnnd, I was ready for bed, and not mad about it!   We had a pretty uneventful Friday, but there you have it!  






No comments:

Post a Comment